Professional and Educational Services Engagement Policies
J&H Inc. Workforce Management Division
The following are intended to provide the policies under which J&H Professional and Educational Services will operate during the course of a customer engagement:
1. J&H will provide the Customer with a Services Scope Statement (also known as the “Statement of Work” or SOW) that outlines the project deliverables and provides an estimate for the project scope and cost required to complete the engagement, based upon preliminary information provided by the Customer. This Services Scope Statement is an estimate; the Assess Phase of the engagement will be used to determine whether modifications to the project scope or project budget are required.
2. The Services Scope Statement is valid for one year from the date of signature.
3. Any changes to the project scope and/or project duration will be reflected through the generation of a J&H Change Order, which is initiated by the J&H Project Manager and approved and signed by the Customer.
a. These changes could be due to an increase or change in project scope or deliverables, insufficient customer resources or time commitment, changes to customer project schedule, or technical limitations.
4. Unless otherwise addressed within these policies, the hourly rate(s) quoted within a Change Order for work to be performed within normal business hours will be consistent with that contained within the original Services Scope Statement. In instances where specialized resources are requested, but not contained within the original Services Scope Statement, the quoted rate will be established as J&H’ current rate for such requested services.
5. J&H personnel working at the Customer site shall have access to necessary infrastructure (servers, network, etc.).
6. In instances where J&H personnel are working remotely access will be granted through the use of industry standard tools (VPN, GoToAssist, RDP, etc.).
7. Customer agrees to not hire any J&H employee who has performed services under the Agreement for a period of three years after the completion of such services.
8. All required system administration, maintenance, backups, tuning, etc., is the responsibility of the Customer.
9. Customer Data: To perform the implementation and to provide support after completion, J&H may need to access and retain information regarding your employees and business organization. J&H will take all reasonable steps to limit and safeguard the security of this information.
10. Scheduled Work Policies:
a. Professional Services work will be conducted during normal business hours, 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday excluding any J&H recognized Holidays, which include: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
b. All Professional Services work scheduled to start outside of normal business hours will be billed in full at a premium rate described below. For work to be performed after hours, on holidays, or on weekends, an approved Change Order will be required prior to scheduling (see Change Order Process below). Customers will be charged as follows:
• All Professional Services will be scheduled and billed in 4 hour increments with a minimum charge of 4 hours.
• After Hours work will be billed at 1.5 times the contract rate by role. After Hours is considered 5:00PM-8:00AM, Monday through Friday
• Weekend and/or holiday work will be billed at 2.0 times the contract rate by role. Weekends are considered 5:00PM Friday through 8:00AM Monday. Holidays are any J&H recognized Holidays, which include: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
11. Travel Policies
a. Customer is responsible for travel and related costs (mileage, airfare, lodging and related travel expenses as they occur) for onsite consultants and trainers. Travel time is charged @ $90 per hour. Round trip mileage is charged at the current federal rate per mile. Lodging, meals, rental car, and air fare (if applicable) are charged at actual.
b. Travel expense estimates are usually not included in your Investment Profile. These expenses will be invoiced separately.
c. Customer is responsible for travel costs for customer employees attending training at a J&H or Kronos location.
d. If a J&H employee is required on-site per the customer request, a minimum of 8 hours will be billed per day.
12. Cancellation Policies: J&H requires notification for the cancellation or rescheduling of J&H personnel as well as the cancellation of Instructor led classes. Customer may be charged for failure to meet the following notification requirements:
a. Professional Services:
• 2 business days prior to scheduled work – 50% of planned charges are invoiced for schedule work
• 1 business day prior to scheduled work – 100% of planned charges are invoiced for scheduled work
• Business days are: Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays.
b. Education Services:
• For any course held at a customer site, in the traditional classroom, or in the virtual classroom: attendees must cancel at least ten business days before the class start date to avoid cancellation fees (equal to the cost of the course). Student substitutions can be made at any time as long as prerequisites have been met.